You’ve got a great skill that lets you double your profits when you Double Down online when playing blackjack! It’s easy to learn while giving you a chance to earn a lot more from your first hand when you play Blackjack at an online casino.
When using this move, be aware that you will double your bet, and there’s a risk of losing more than you originally wagered. Make sure your bankroll allows you to play Double Down Blackjack.
What is Doubling Down in Blackjack?
Here’s how you can use the Double Down Blackjack feature when playing live casino online if you’ve never heard of it before:
You Double Down after receiving your hand. In this case, your stake is doubled, and you will receive one more card, followed by a stand.
What would motivate you to do this? With just one more card, you believe you have a good chance of getting a strong hand, and the dealer will either lose or bust.
When Should I Double Down in Blackjack?
When it comes to blackjack, you should consider doubling down in the following instances:
- When your cards show a total of 11: This is a 100% Double Down moment. Your chances of landing a card that strengthens your hand are very good. With no chance of busting and a low probability of getting a low card, this is the perfect hand for Doubling Down!
- When your cards show a total of 10: A hand like this cannot bust with one more card, so Double Down would be a good choice. In this case, you should skip the doubling and instead take a regular Hit, since the dealer’s chances of having a strong hand are high.
- When you have a hard 9:A regular Hit should be given if the dealer has anything higher than 6, but a Double Down is often acceptable below 6.
- When your hand is a soft 12-17: A dealer hand higher than 6 shouldn’t double hands like these, just like a hard nine. Here are some ways to play them:
- Soft 12 or 13: When the dealer has a 5 or 6, double down.
- Soft 14 or 15: When the dealer has a 4, 5, or 6, double down.
- Soft 16 or 17: When the dealer has a 3, 4, 5, or 6, double down.
If you win, doubling down can increase your profits by adding some extra money to a strong hand. You should use it sparingly, as being overconfident about your hands may result in you losing more than you win.
If you feel as though it’s the right time to Double Down, wait until you’re handed the right hands. Best of luck at the tables!
Hi guys, I am Faizan, an online casino game enthusiast with over 5+ years of experience. I am passionate about online casino games, and my sole motive is to provide you with all the trustful information regarding online gambling in India. I love to play slots, RNG, and Live Casino games.
My articles have been featured in Cricket Addictor, East Mojo, 1883 and The Bridge.